Whose way on the highway?


We were on our way to the land where stinkin' rempits roamed the highway, where faith of the Malay residents rely on whether there is a different belief residing next door, where skinnies paired up with a pair of slippers and oily faces ruled - 'Cos that's how they roll, and where there is little population of rational people, late last night.

The clock struck 15 past 11, red lights flashed and stretched for as long as our eyes could reach on the three-laned road.

There must be some accident in front! I voiced out. We picked up our conversation from the traffic jam to something else we could channel our mild frustration on. A close friend's birthday, football jersey, OCD, lousy song covers, amateur videos (which reminds me..) and something else I can't remember.

10 minutes down the road and we were still moving at a kitten's pace - 'cos snail wouldn't really fit the metaphor. I was getting impatient, and the petrol light was already blinking.

Someone better die in that accident! I bellowed.

Some time later.

Don't tell me.. That was what caused the traffic jam?! His turn to fume as we passed by a vacated car parked on the emergency lane. It had charcoal-like markings on the front and the sides.

Oh.. hangus.. He hesitated before switching to volume 8 -

BUT IT'S NOT EVEN IN FLAME ANYMORE! His voice clamored against the insides of the car, reverberating.

I KNOW! I followed en suite, echoing his frustration.


Of course, if that bothers you, we were just kidding.

No comments: