Bring in the sweats!


Tweettwatters would know that last Saturday, Alau and I went to a cardio class in our mission to shed some majestic pounds off of our majestic-self for this coming festive month. Festive because it is the month of Christmas tunes blasting off the walls in the malls in several languages (one you can only experience here) and friends getting ass drunked on the 24th and the 25th, but most importantly, because it is my birthday month. For I am a jolly good fellow, for I am the jolly good fellow!

I was informed that our cardio class' venue had mostly elderly ladies compared to the other studio.. somewhere in Miri. Now, don't start asking me where the other place is for I only know the wicked place that we go to. I say wicked because the Cardio instructor has really nice perky butts and her assistant sports some major six packs and a spiralling unknown tattoo leading to either her thighs, or her butt cheeks. I will roger you on that, if ever she unveils it to us one day.

Our first class on last Saturday was at 8 freaking 30 AM. Sheesh. Alau is trying to get me to suffer stroke before I reach 22. And so I dragged my lazy ass that eventful morning, albeit a few minutes late, but I went and got myself to perform some alien body exercise I've never come to know before.

We stationed ourselves right at the very back and started on cue with everyone. Before I was able to say Feliz Navidad, we were thrusting our hips back and forth and flailing our arms up and down and pretty much all around. I didn't know what I was up against - I had on my brother's tee and a rolled up black pants 'cos I couldn't find my tights and my red chucks, both of us stood out like a sore thumb, both of us appeared like we were out for a soddy morning jog.

Thirty minutes into the lesson and after much observing the others around us, I finally figured it out, "Ohh. So that's why the girls are wearing those lycra tops and bottoms." I was struggling with keeping up with the super fast beat and getting my hand-hips coordination right, at the same time having my sleeves blocking my movement and my t-shirt hiking up with my every hop!

I had yet another revelation when my eyes stung from the salty sweats, "So that's what those towel-like headbands are for!" Forgive me, for I was never an athlete nor do I commit myself to any exercise activities. Tsk. I'm a shame!

After an hour of stifling own's laughter under my breath, and though at times I let it out for my reflection in the studio mirror suggested just how stupid I looked with my no-rhythm cardio moves, and through that huffin' and puffin' there was apparently more stupid-er and nerdier looking girls with their lifeless arms (no, not you, Alau), after all that, I was very amazed at how Alau and I managed to not burst into our pair of roaring laughters. Phew! I was afraid I'd pissed the Cardio Instructor off, because hey, with an ass like that, I wouldn't wanna. She could clamped those buns together, and I would be fleeing the studio like a zebra on stampede.

We had our second cardio lesson today and I am ever so proud to say how I looked like less of an idiot today compared on the first day. Good job, me!

Also, looking at pretty skinny minnies before going for the class motivated the hell lot out of me.

This is me, looking all flustered still when I reached home after the class.



Bye bye now.

No comments: