Clear the ball!


I have this thing when it comes to being surrounded by people consuming alcoholic beverages. For whatever psychological reasons it may be, when I am around drunk friends, I have a slight tendency of acting like one, myself. Hey, if everyone is tipsy and acting a bit out of the loop, why should I contain myself? I figured. And I figured right! As spotted a few days before that when we had another trip to precious Sid's, when Alau had more than three glasses of mixed drinks, we were swooping the highway like a pair of crazy loons after, all the while shouting random remarks, that was, unfortunately, only hilarious at that time.

With conjunction to my boyfriend's birthday last week (our birthday celebration can go as long as a few months as long as Starbright says it is!), we had another bout of round at Sid's on Saturday, this time with David and Panai. Sat at the bar at at an awkward L-angle where we had to turn our backs to talk the the other pair on the other side. We sipped our drinks and shared a few conversations as more faces flooded the pub as midnight beckoned.

Things only took an exciting swerve when the football match between Chelsea and Manchester City kicked off. I was not rooting for any team, initially. But by the time the first goal was scored, I was clapping my hands for each goal that followed afterwards and gasping at every misses and near goals. The whole pub seemed hyped up by everyone's cheer for Manchester City, except for some anomalous number of Chelsea fan. With my most loathed footballer, whom ties with Christiano Gaynaldo, Drogba in a team, you won't ever see me putting my hands together for that side of the field.

It became manic towards the end of the 90 minutes with everyone's eyes fixated on the screen above our heads. It felt good.

Also, we met up with Onn shortly afterwards!

It was a great Saturday evening. Hope you had a wonderful one yourself, too!

2 comments:

Wangi said...

Christiano Gaynaldo
nice one !

Starbright said...

I assume we share the same sentiment towards Gaynaldo? GOOD! Yeay! Hee hee.