Kawan.

While on the phone (yes, we're always on the phone, so what!) with him just yesterday, he taught me how Johorians refer to themselves as 'kawan' when talking to each other.

So we talked about how I think it's endearing but he joked about not letting me use it because.. I'm not a Johorian... THE GALL, I KNOW. Then of course we bickered a little bit how it's unfair how he can use 'kitak/kamek' but I can't refer to myself as 'kawan' and then he said, "Mana ada orang cakap macam tu dah. Tu orang tua je pakai!" And then of course, being typical me, I just had to argue, "Kawan nak jugak!" yada yada yada..

So while us two stubborns have at it, a waiting call came in for me. "Eh, I'll call you back?" Told him and hung up.

Dialed his number again after answering the waiting call, knowing how I want to annoy him by referring to myself as 'kawan' when he answers. Heh heh!

Two rings, "Hello!" Said he.

"HELLO KAWAN!!" I greeted with all the heady zest of adolescence I possess. Muahahaha orang nak jugak guna 'kawan', I thought. The satisfaction, man! Then... "Ehhhh!!!"

"Haaa???" Jawab si makhluk JB sebelum gelak sepuas hati.

Apa pulak dia 'kawan', aku lah 'kawan'! Hot damn. This whole 'kawan' deal has got me perplexed, I tells ya! Per-schmucking-plex!

No comments: