Just a few hours short of Monday and you know it's time to get all emotional about having to go back to Bintulu. : (
Last Friday, I left work quite late seeing how I had to drive back to Miri alone. So I called the same people as usual just to inform them that I'll be starting my two hour journey back home. Both calls got cut off, so I assumed it was just the lousy signal at the highway. And so I drove and drove and not one person called me back!
Dah cebik. Dah lah I didn't get much sleep the night before. And I know it'll be dark halfway before I reach my destination. And that I was alone. And I hate being alone in the dark somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Okay more like, I'm terrified of the dark and the idea of being alone entrapped in total darkness reminds me of 30 Days of Night! And there are no street lights along the highway until Miri! Bloody hell.
After an hour, I set my ego aside and got myself ready to reveal my rajuk, checked my phone and realised it was my phone's problem! Switched it off then back on again and the second signal was available I got a call from my sister asking me in frantic where I was at the time.
"Bapak dah on the way to Bintulu carik kitak!"
WHOA. I FELT SO LOVED.
So, I sped and sped and arrived home even faster than I usually do.
Salam everyone and waited for my father to reached home from the mosque to salam him.
Saw him at the doorway and quickly reached for his hand. And all he could say was, "Hmm."
.. Er. Ohokay...
No "Why didn't you get off work earlier?"
or "Lain kali make sure phone ya switched on."
or "Next time just wait until Saturday morning to drive back to Miri." - which is exactly what I am going to do next time because (don't stone me, darling) driving back that day at that hour at that speed with Kelisa is very reckless, I just decided to overlook all those and drive as fast as I could.
or "Lain kali make sure phone ya switched on."
or "Next time just wait until Saturday morning to drive back to Miri." - which is exactly what I am going to do next time because (don't stone me, darling) driving back that day at that hour at that speed with Kelisa is very reckless, I just decided to overlook all those and drive as fast as I could.
My father and his Hmm's.
Today, 48 hours after the incident, he called me outside.
"Apahal pak?"
"Kitak mbak Ford esok. Don't use Kelisa anymore."
Heh heh. There it is! : )
Also I have a new watch. My cheapo one broke on Friday so I was without a watch the whole day of Saturday. Walked in the watch store today, pointed at the model that I want, had two options - one with white numberings, the other with yellow numberings and my father told the salesperson, "Black and white is more classique. She's not a kid anymore."
Ya hear that! I'm not a kid anymore!
I'm so happy but somehow that, coming from my father, worries me.
Ah well. I GOTS A NEW WATCH.
And you know how watches tell other people a bit about the person? I was discussing about mine and what it would say about me. Would it say that I'm materialistic? Because I'm not.
He said, "Nah. I'd keep it as 'cool as fuck'."
YEARGHH. I GOTS A NEW WATCH.
No comments:
Post a Comment