Here's one for you, lovely.

"Guess what I'm doing now?" I stood in the middle of the front porch. Everyone else was inside, he was lighting up a cigarette. 

"Apa?"

"I'm blogging in my head."

He replied with something along the lines of, "You haven't blogged in a long time?" Well, I've been pretty occupied at work and activities after office hours, I said. It was definitely a very much awaited four day holiday. We stood in silence, enveloped in the still of the night, showered by the reflected light from the full moon.

"The roaring sound of motorcycles in the distance." I peered from my spot, the highway is just below the hill where the house is perched on.

"That's Singapore right?" Yes, he answered. "The yellow outline of the street lights from afar," I pointed out. 

I turned my head a few inches to the left, "The blinking lights from Danga Bay." 

Looked up and he followed en suite, "The flickering stars up above.." I continued.

He added, "The moon covered by pinang tree.. Eh pinang ke?" Alahai, comel!

We had our backs turned this time, to look at the aforementioned moon. Slightly covered, I thought. But still pretty damn majestic, if you ask me.

"Do you know about the rabbit on the moon?" He asked. "No."

He proceeded to tell me about the rabbit on the moon, then turned to me and asked, his face in disbelief, "How come nobody ever told you about that?" 

"It's okay. That means you're the first person to do it." He returned my smile and the obligatory high-five.

"You know I always notice these diamond shaped stars everywhere I go." He pointed at the three aligned stars with stars at opposite ends. That's me, I thought, cheekily. 

Stiff neck aside (from craning longer than I should've), I enjoyed our conversation thoroughly - how could I not? He was telling me all these things about the northern star, the southern star and spouted all these magic words to me - galaxies, the sun, the many light years for the shine from the star to travel  through space to reach us.

Immensely in love with the moment (still am, to be honest) and with all the warm fuzzy feeling multiplying by the second in my heart (perhaps his too?) we took our seats at the verandah, just waiting for the time to make our move back to the big city. 

Even if I could pick one word to describe my trip to his hometown this time, I wouldn't.





















Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. - Rumi

Alahai, cheesy!

No comments: