First thing that greeted me in the doctor's room was, "Are you scared of needles?" The nurse smiled.
Of course, you should know that the first thing that greeted THEM when I entered the room was my anxious wail of, "Arrrrghhhhhhhhh!"
"Yes!" I answered with a pout. I know I shouldn't. But I couldn't help it!
"Haha. It won't hurt," the doctor comforted me.
LIES! Potong lidah!
After a series of knee bending, arms forward and whatnot, he ushered me back to my seat. "You mind if I draw some blood for your blood test?" Half-asking, half-demanding.
"Yes, very much... But I have no choice!" There's that pout again!
He laughed.
"Your veins are very fine..."
"Is that a good thing??"
He laughed again. Hey, that was a genuine question! Good or not!? Tell meeeeeeeee.
Some arm exercise later, he said, intently looking at the numerous veins on my arm, "I try to.."
"You try??" I pulled back my arm from his grasp.
His boisterous laughter filled the room. OH COME ON, DOC.
5 minutes later, he managed to draw some blood despite me trying to delay him with all my nonsensical chatter about random things.
"I thought I was late but when I arrived the nurse baru bukak pintu depan."
"Aha. Ye.."
"So the ones outside are here for medical check-up as well?"
"Yes, they are here for foreigners' medical check-up."
"I can't remember the last time I had blood test..."
Quiet.
Cleared my throat to get his attention.
"Hmm? Oh don't worry. Ni sakit sikit je."
5 minutes later, semua beres.
Walked out of the room with my head held high and a smile.
Meh! Sik mati pun. /smug
Now, where's my ice cream!!
No comments:
Post a Comment